Saturday, June 12, 2010

Continuing WSOP goodness, personal updates too!

I know I'm WAY behind.  There's just been a lot going on!  But here's my WSOP 2010 catch-up post...

Event #11 $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em has been won by Simon Watt, who dashed the hopes of Tom Dwan's first WSOP bracelet.  Congrats to Watt for taking home the bling and the $614,248 top prize.

Event #12 $1,500 Limit Hold’em found Matthew Matros as the eventual winner taking home $189,870 for besting the field.  Congratulations.

Event #13 $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em has also crowned it champion in Stephen Gee who pocketed a nice $472,479 sum. 

Event #14 $1,500 2-7 Draw Lowball found Yan Chen coming out on top of the players, and taking home the gold and $92,817.  Yeah, I know it's not a whopping amount of money, but it'd sure put a dent in the ole mortgage!  Congratulations to him!

Event #15 $10,000 Seven Card Stud Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship has its champion in Frank Kassela, who walks away with the WSOP bracelet and a tidy $447,446 prize for first!  Others who found there way to a decent payday in the event were Allen Kessler in 2nd, Jennifer Harman Traniello in 3rd, Steve Zolotow 4th, John Juanda in 5th.

SHEESH, I really AM behind on the series recap, huh!

Event #16 $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em / Six Handed found a winner in Carter Phillips.  $482, 774 was a nice payday for him, congrats.

Event #17 $5,000 No-Limit Hold'em was won by Jason DeWitt.  He takes home $818,959 for his trouble!  Big congratulations to him!

Event #18 $2,000 Limit Hold'em... and the winner is Eric Buchman who takes home $203,607.  Yes, you'll recall Buchman as one of the November Nine from last year's 2009 WSOP!  Congratulations on a game well played.

Event #19 $10,000 2-7 Draw Lowball Championship's $294,314 top prize payday goes to David Baker.  In reviewing the folks who got paid in this one.  Baker is to be congratulated even more: Eric Cloutier, John Juanada, Erik Seidel, Daniel Negreanu, Andy Block, Yan Chen, and even Peter Gould.  Nice job!

Event #20 $1,500 Pot-Limit Omaha is down to the final 4 at the time of my catching up on my reading!  Nenad Medic, Trai Dang John Barch, and Klinhammer Thibaut are all that remain all in search of the bracelet and $256,919.

Event #21 $1,500 Seven Card Stud has 6 players remaining of the 408 who started.  $140,467 awaits the eventual winner.

Event #22 $1,000 Ladies No-Limit Hold’em Championship continues on with 71 of the original 1,054 remaining.  $192,132 awaits one lucky lady!  Of those remaining in the game I quickly recognize:  Liv Boeree, Mimi Tran, Linda Johnson, Evelyn Ng, and Lacey Jones.

Event #23 $2,500 Limit Hold'em / Six Handed has 49 of the original
 384 players remaining.

Event #24 $1,000 No-Limit Hold’em, 640 players remaining from the 1,931 who began the journey. 

Event #25 $10,000 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship is just getting underway.

Sorry guys, I just have little to say.  Despite being off work for a couple days this week, I have been incredibly busy.  Even on the days at work, I've been hitting overtime hours that I could do without, but seem somewhat essential. 

The Black Stone Cherry concert at the Eagles was a phenomenal success on Wednesday, with more than 800 people in attendance.  Fantastic show by both BSC and JINXD who opened for them.  My son got to meet the members of both bands.  I hung out with a number of them myself.  What a great bunch of guys and I see great success in their futures!  Any group with such talent and a great dedication and work ethic has what it takes to go the distance. 

In personal poker news!  Last night Big Red and I played cards at the Yanok's house.  I bubbled the money on game one (got points) and then in game two, Big Red and I chopped the 2 payout spots.  Lighter than usual turnout but a GREAT time nonetheless.  I drank a lot... too much of course and got to bed way too late.  Then, at 9am my dad showed up to continue working on the screening in of our back deck.  We worked on until 7pm!  The first couple of hours I know my sweat had a beer foam to it!  I survived and the deck is looking GREAT!  I'll try to get some pix up of it. 

Tomorrow I have to mow, and work some more on the deck.  But by 9pm tomorrow night my backside will be firmly planted in front of the TV for the Season Premiere of TRUE BLOOD!!!  Don't call me at that time... I will END you!  : P 

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: