Wednesday, February 24, 2010

i can feel it...

it's coming to take me away from this.  Work tomorrow but the promise of a short Friday, and then a 3-day weekend.  Saturday night at the Yanok's for poker night.  It promises to be a very good night.  I can sense a lampshade may be in my future.  There will be BEER.  It will wash away the mire of the workplace.  It will restore me... it will sustain me... I need some unwind time to just...be!  To avoid solving problems, being dedicated, putting others first, and just for a change think of absolutely nothing but where the next card is coming from, and when finding a lousy hand finding peace in the fact that I can grab another cold one.  No, this weekend will not bear witness to my ability to play the game, or my ability to carry on a coherent conversation.  This one is about forgetting.  About sloughing off the muck of the job, and considering it a job, and not life. 

I feel better... just knowing that a lost weekend approaches.  I think the blood pressure might have even dropped a few points.  I'm becoming me again.  To those who gather together Saturday to play the game, I look forward to your company, toward spending time and losing ourselves to it.

"Out here we is stoned. Immaculate."

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: