Thursday, August 31, 2006

# chown {your name here} allmychips

Assuming you're logged in as root, you should be able to do this, and save yourself the time of taking my chips from me a few at a time on Nine.com. Okay, so now I'm offering up UNIX commands to the competition to take my money away from me. Not that they needed any help last night! I'm still up on the site...to the tune of $120 total. I'm still about 1,200 points shy of my 150% bonus being awarded, which would translate to $150. So the question is, do I continue to play only to the point that I lose back to my initial investment of $100, or continue to play on, in hopes that my cold cards will eventually warm back up...or if not that I get the remaining points required to get awarded the $150 thus putting myself back on top again? I'm irritated by the last couple of days, but not dead yet. It is just frustrating to think back and realize that I was over $200 not a week ago. Poker does have an ebb and flow. It could be worse, and I could be playing for no bonus $'s at a brick and mortar, or at some lesser online room. No, I'm not going broke...I'm still at around $1,100 online total...it's just spread out around several different rooms online. I think I'll push on and go for the $150. Hopefully, I'll never dip below the $100 mark, and this whole line of thought will be a moot point.

In other news JJ has once again left the gambling fold! At least "live games." He's still "allowed" to play online from time-to-time. At least his wife says so for now. So, I guess I should just drop him from the NDPT Points Standings, what does everyone think!? :)

I realized this morning that I missed a freeroll on PokerRoom, last night, courtesy of PokerSourceOnline.com I thought it was tonight! I would have served myself better to have played in that instead of on Nine.com.

I'm currently reading Doyle Brunson's Super System...for the first time! Believe it or not! It is actually an interesting read. Following this book I still have my sites set on reading Caro's Book of Tells. I think it will prove to be an invaluable aid in my poker journey! Following that, I'm thinking Zen and the Art of Poker.

Sort of dreary here today, lots of rain. I'm actually more awake today than I have been in several days now, but I could really use a truly relaxing vacation. But the likelihood of that is VERY SLIM!

Whenever I do finally finish up the promo on Nine.com I think I'm going to move back over to PSO, to complete PokerShare. I still have 1,250 points on PSO, and if I do the promo for PokerShare I can get 6,000 more. Which would give me more than enough for a roll of 100 25 cent Nevada Jacks chips. These would be VERY nice for a cash game along with the 300 multi denominations that I currently have. The problem was that the smallest denomination I had was $1.00, and I as well as many of my fellow NDPT'ers are cheapskates. Yeah, you know who you are!

After finishing that I think I'll move immediately back to Savvy where I think I've found a home.

It is official now too, that Big Red and I will be returning to Las Vegas the last week of October. Which by the way will coincide with our 15th Anniversary! Yippee for us!

That's all I've got for now...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: