Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Recovery and Spaniards

I managed to rack up in the neighborhood of 50+ points last night on the Nine.com site, to put me over 700 points toward the goal of 2270, for my bonus level. And was able to regain some of what I had lost the previous night. In fact over $40 back of the $60, I'd dropped. So that was a considerable relief to me. AND, what made it even better, at least in my mind, was that two of the guys at last night's table, were the same two from the night before, who seemed to be sucking out more often than not. Tonight, it looked a little more like they were getting the worst end of it, all around. I think I was even getting under their skin a little with my check raising against them repeatedly when I was isolated with them in a hand. My cards just kept hitting against them...and I have to admit, it was very satisfying. Anyway, I had speculated that the two of them were "working" together. Which I don't know that for a fact, but they were both from Spain...and in fact were chatting in Spanish while at the table. No one else at the table seemed to raise any complaints about it...so I stayed out of it as well. Whatever they were chit-chatting about, wasn't helping their game any, as far as I could see. :)

Big Red is planning another Labor Day get-together, although would prefer to have the cookout/games/gathering on either Saturday or Sunday instead of on Monday, since it seems that we're rushing around on a Monday, and then we are worn out on Tuesday at work! Also, she shocked me when she said that if we have it on Sat/Sun then we could have a card game later on in the evening! I think I've created a MONSTER! What's next, is she going to start playing on line?

The kids had their first day of school yesterday. Everything sounded really positive from them both. Both like their teachers...and there were no complaints about anything that I recall.

I see on my calendar that there's an HPT freeroll tonight. I wonder if Big Red's going to let me play this one? Guess I better turn on the charm! :)

Time to turn my attention elsewhere.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: