Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WOW, am I delinquent or what?!?

My apologies to cyberspace, for not staying up with the blog. Work just really has a way of bogging down the day, and really taking the life out of you some days. It's been that way now, for well over a month now! Frankly, I see no end in sight, which really sucks. Well let's recap the important stuff. The 2006 WSOP has crowned its champion Jamie Gold, after he won the 12 Million Dollar prize in the Main Event. But now, I see today, thanks to my RSS feeds on My Yahoo page that he is now being sued for half!!! Here's the story: http://www.pokernews.com/news/2006/8/price-fame-gold-sued.htm Is nothing sacred?

Another tournament for the NDPT was held on August 18th...and no I didn't win, but TJ and I are now neck and neck in the points race. Okay, maybe not so close as that, but only 7 points separates us. There's only 14 points between 1st and 3rd, who is none other than Matt B. I'm really glad that I implemented the points standings for this year...it has really added a lot of extra excitement to the game in my opinion. If you don't like it, say so...but really that's just TOUGH! In my online exploits...I've finished another PokerSavvy promo on Nine.com, which put me over the top again, and I've already snatched up another PartyPoker gift card for my trouble. I took a bit of a beating one night to really diminish my funds on Nine.com, BUT as of last night, I'm back baby! My initial deposit of $100, had capsized at one point to $30, when Big Slick, and Rockets were getting consistently cracked! But I got back up to $132 last night. So I'm good to go again for quite a while. I'm doubtful that I'll be able to earn the requisite Nine.com player points within the 60 days to get my 150% bonus. Their points are pretty tought to get at my levels of play. I'm just not going to go chasing the bonus dollars anymore...it just leads to trouble. I nearly let it cost me everything on this site. Thankfully, I got out while I was still solvent.
School will be starting up for the kids, and actually I think they're going to be ready to go back. I think they've had enough of summer. Of course they'll think differently after about a week or so. Also, I think Teresa is considering a Vegas trip for us, for our Anniversary. Yes, October 26th, will be 15 years for me and Big Red. One of these days, she's going to wake up and realize she's just too good for me, but so far, she's stuck it out with me. And, despite all my b.s....I'm very happily married to a wonderful woman. Sheesh...where'd that come from!?! Anyway, that'll have to tide you over until next time, I just promise that I won't wait nearly a month, before posting to the blog again!

Regards, cheer_dad

No comments: