Saturday, September 26, 2009

Good friends, good times...


Good friends and good times last night at the Yanok's and I'm glad we all shared the time together. Before we even played cards, Uncle June said that he and I would return to our winning ways, and tonight was the night. And like some strange self-fulfilling prophecy some good pokery luck came our way. In game one, I won the top spot... with the help of a couple of perfectly timed suckouts there at the end. Sorry dude. : ) So, he had to settle for 2nd. Big Red cashed out in 3rd. So, there's cash in the pocket and we stay on for game two. Well Red and I didn't win in that one, but we certainly gave it a helluva try. My "go-for-broke" shove on my final hand with KQs, in retrospect was ill-timed. Particularly since I lost! But no the correct move was to have dropped and waited for a better spot. I just got weary of watching the double and triple up that were happening all around me, while my stack was being blinded away. Still, 2 big chip stacks at the table going up against each other for a pot, isn't the best course of action...

Uncle June ended up going on a real heater for the rest of the game, and he texted me later to say that he and scottyb had opted to chop. Despite the fact that Yanok told him "chopping" is for pussies. Regardless, I had a great time, and made some cash and got back into a winning frame of mind. Uncle June took it to the extreme, with his winapalooza last night... great job, and hopefully this'll be a return to normalcy that we've hoped for at the poker tables! As for the rest of you... sorry 'bout your luck. : P

Thanks to the Yanoks for hosting another great night of poker and general mayhem!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: