Monday, September 28, 2009

Off on every OTHER Monday...

So, I'm off work today. Well at least from the job that pays me anyway. I did sleep in a bit, but then dragged myself off to Walley World to get the shopping list done. On the way back I stopped at the bowling alley to pick up Cole's ball. Recall that I was an evil father when the pro-shop wasn't open on Saturday for the boy to pick up prior to bowling that morning. (I should've known there would be illness keeping the shop closed for the day.) Yeah, he made me pay. It wasn't his most stellar of performances on the lane in game 1. (I will say that a 128 in game 2 went a long way toward redeeming him somewhat though.) Anyway, now I have the ball. I also stopped at the sporting goods store to pick up a new football mouthpiece that I kept forgetting to pick up. Both the ball and the mouthpiece will be in the truck for him to behold when I pick him up from school in about an hour. I also straightened up and swept the garage as per the orders of my beloved wife. Also set up ever table I have out there, so she can begin to prepare for the weekend's yard sale (shudder!) Tonight, Cole and I head northward about 40 minutes to play a scrimmage football game against Belmont. We're not exactly thrilled about it on a school night. Please, oh please let this be a VERY light homework night!!! Teresa won't be along with us either, instead heading off to play tennis tonight.

There has been no recent online poker play for your ole pal cheer_dad. Too busy to even see straight. We did get to really enjoy the Yanok's game over the weekend. I for once put a first place score on the board. Remarkably, I'm in the points lead over there, despite what I'd consider a lackluster year at the tournament tables for me. My thoughts on it... are my survivor style of play, allows me to outlast a lot of the field, BUT I at times cripple myself with a shortstack and find it difficult to muscle back in to the thick of things. I'm dangerous at a final table, there's no doubt about it. My early tight image serves me well, as I make some very drastic gear switches. Hell sometimes my playing style even feels random to me, in the ends of these things. Others, are just convinced that I suck, or have had entirely too much to drink. Any of those conclusions have merit! : P

I hope to return to more frequent posts now that some of the weight has been lifted from my shoulders. Life's pace while still frantic, has its moments of peace once again. I even enjoyed a nap on the couch yesterday in front of the tv. Although, if I don't stop snoring my wife is going to cut off my air supply.

Hope all is well with each of you.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: