Saturday, April 10, 2010

In the dark on the details

So, I'm still a little in the dark as to my wife's antics of last night...  I had previously mentioned getting the chips ready for last night's poker game at the Eagles, but I didn't end up playing.  I took Cole to baseball practice, and actually Whitney was at softball practice on the next field, so I migrated back and forth a bit.  Then, when we got home and we ate.  Then, I knuckled down and got in my weight lifting workout at around 9PM.  So, I never made it up to the Eagles at all.  Big Red called to inform me around 10PM that she was out of the tourney, having been felted by Uncle June.  Preflop the guy in front of her goes All-In for 550, Red looks down at pocket Aces, and shoves for 650.  It folds around to Uncle June who makes the call saying it's prolly a stupid play, but what the hell, right?  The flip over, first all-in guy, with KK, Red with AA, Uncle June 3-4s.  Flop 5-6-7.  DOH!  I had to laugh!  So, she wants to know do I want to come up and play now and she'll come home.  But I know today's gonna be a busy day for me so I tell her to go ahead and hit the cash table.

...Flash forward...

At around 3:30AM, I roll over in bed to what seems like a strobe light flashing, and bleerily make out Poltergeist is on the television.  I realize Red is not there.  I chuckle and then a few minutes later I hear the garage door and then the tip-toe steps of my beloved.  She starts in with "I'm sorry."  But I told her I didn't care as long as she was having a good time.  I listened to a few words from her before nodding off.  I think I heard that she won back her buy-ins plus like $10 for the night.  Hey, it's a profit!  : P  Anyway, maybe I'll get details of her excursion later, when she has caught up on sleep.  She did say she thought they had over 50 players again, with a lot of new faces!  Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all of you who showed up!

Bowling went quick this morning.  I even took a call for support from the Help Desk, from Frank "iamwolfie."  Network cut-overs are always a joy on a weekend.  I leave in a few minutes to head over to Emerson Lanes for more bowling starting at 1PM.  Doubles tourney and Singles after that.  Cole picked up his 2nd place team trophy from last week's tournament.

Tonight, I will DEFINITELY be ready for some rest and relaxation.  You may all see a little "drunken poker" played LIVE this time from your ole buddy cheer_dad.  I'll lay aside the role of Super Dad for another day.  Really considering not being there for tomorrow morning's maintenance window at work.

I'll see many of you tonight at the Yanok's tournament(s.)  I'm hoping for some music to sing-along to, and that'll go well with the lampshade on my head!

Regards,

cheer_dad

 

No comments: