Saturday, April 03, 2010

Busy day

Getting ready to take Cole to bowling league this morning at 10:00.  Then, he has a tournament to bowl at 1:00.  Following that, I get the "pleasure" of coming home to mow the yard for the first time of 2010.  Unbelievable how much the grass has grown.  Wonder what difficulties the ole mower will give me?

Tonight of course we'll be watching the WVU vs Duke basketball game!  Let's GOOOOOOO Mountaineers!  I don't know that we'll be going out anywhere tonight, since it will have been a busy day already.  Besides, I have to get up in the morning for work.  Server maintenance once again.  Hopefully some of the preparation here will provide us with some information following the next service crash.  We really need some good root cause analysis to point us in the right direction.  We might even keep the "wolves" at bay!  But then again I'm not so sure that everyone has the same agenda...

Baseball season has started, at least the practice phase has.  And so far, I think Cole is enjoying himself!  That's the only part I even care about.  That and I'm actually enjoying "not coaching."  It is definitely less stressful.

On the fitness front, I'm averaging 12-15 miles a week, running (which is low from my "past running life") but I'll take it.  I'm also averaging 3-4 weight training sessions a week.  Focusing primarily on upper body, since the legs get their part with the mileage...  I feel better.  And perhaps even look a little better too.  I know, let's not get carried away. 

As for poker, on this poker blog... (i know, haha) that feels like a game I "used to" play.  Life has it's ways of moving you in different directions that's for sure.  BUT, the next game is scheduled for April 9th, 2010 at the Eagles Aerie in Parkersburg.  Registration begins at 6:00pm, and gametime is 7:00pm.  We had a record 54 players last time, and we look forward to even more.  Hope that YOU are one of them!

Time to head out the door to the lanes.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: