Friday, July 24, 2009

Spy vs Spy... plus some poker


The secrecy and subversive nature of this week, has been a troubling return to work following my vacation. Hey, it's not been Jason Bourne kinda stuff exactly but I'm quickly honing my skills to the point that a rolled up magazine will serve equally well as a weapon in any knife fight that I might per chance encounter. Secret squirrel, covert ops, spook shit, whatever it is... I've played a role. I would say TGIF... but some of the wildest announcements and proclaimations were today, some which no one saw coming. Following a late night, last night with very little sleep the events of the day have certainly kept me more alert than I have a right to be. BUT, lest I should incite the wrath of my handlers... that's all I'm going to say. Know that a number of things have however weighed heavily upon my mind.

In other news... tonight July 24th, 7:00pm at the local Eagles Aerie 2407... we're having another of our famed No Limit Hold'em Tournaments. This is open to the public, capped at 50 players (for now.) $25 gets you in the game. Registration begins at 6:00pm. Hope to see you all there.

Beyond that, tomorrow night is poker tournament night at the Yanok's house. It's gonna be a great "lost poker weekend!" And trust me I'm gonna need it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

cheer_dad said...

Record turnout tonight for poker, I believe with 47-ish players. I, like some others fell victim to newbie luck.