Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Follow up to the Eagles Game

I guess I never followed up with anything more about the Eagles Game, on the through the night as I continued to imbibe... : ) Eric Shuman takes down the top spot in the tourney with a nice payday on his return to tournament poker play after a bit of a hiatus. Congrats to him! I of course busted out when I got called by the guy with the monster 10-6! I swear he actually looked everyone at the table in the eye and said, "but they were suited, I had to call!" and he wasn't kidding, having called my $250 allin. He was amassing quite the chip stack... only to give it all away, leaving him to wonder, how he came up short... and why did he lose... To be honest I got a kick out of it all. Although, I wish some of the rest of you at the table weren't instructing him on how to play better, sheesh! Okay, tips on dealing and etiquette, and not being an obnoxious douche-bag are fine to relay to people... but not how to play the game well. Let a donk, continue to be a donk!

But, I moved on to the cash game, where I found myself seated across from Harry Knopp. Then, there was the other guy, whose name escapes me, who was absolutely bleeding money! We were all buying in for $20. But he did so, several times, and even bought for $40 once or so. When he finally had enough and left... the game started to whither. I cashed myself and the rest out not long after. Harry left with over $300, having bought in for maybe $40 (maybe $60.) I cashed out for $80, having bought in with only $20. So, made back my tourney buyin, and cash, and made some spending money for Cole's basketball tourney for the rest of the weekend. : )

Among other things on the weekend, Sunday evening I was called to drive Uncle June and Chris home when an officers' Christmas party at the Eagles found them both unable to spell car let alone drive one. But that was good times for me. But how sad of a day is it when you have to call on ME to be the DD?!?

Played some cards online yesterday on PokerStars. I cleared a teeny tiny profit of a few measly cents... but felt okay, having recovered from an allin preflop with Aces, and got beat by pocket Kings, when he flopped another cowboy on me. I won't complain... since later in the session I was a set hitting fool and pounding some opponents' over pairs into oblivion. Had it not been for the early hit... it would have been a profitable session indeed.

Back at the grind today, working for the man. I've got some late afternoon meetings that will likely put me on tilt! But, hey, what could possibly go wrong? Hope all is well with each of you. Stay warm and safe, and get that Christmas shopping completed! Buy me sumpin' nice!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: