Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some days...sheesh

It just doesn't pay to sit down at the online table. While waiting for Big Red to get ready, I set down for a quickie PokerStars session. I called it DONE after 250 hands (i was 4 tabling.) During the session I just couldn't put anything together on any table, I posted the following Facebook, as a comical rant:

"needs the 'L' tattooed on forehead... quick online cash session. set of K's busted, then, A9 (flop 2 pair, but he hits set of 9's), AA vs K4os, he hits boat KKK44, KK vs K5 he hits straight w/his 5, and finally AQ vs KQ, and he hits flush. and i play this game for fun! : )"

But there are just those days that you feel like you can't hit water if you fall out of the fuckin' boat! Still, remember Doc Schoonmaker's mantra to look at yourself for the reasons for your losses. In the latter part of the session, after most of the damage had been done, I got loose, and my open attempts to limp were hammered by those paying attention. That cost me a few extra nickles and dimes... I notice that when I get behind that my thoughts do drift toward just liking to get even, but I try to resist, and don't allow myself to play on through a "bad luck streak." They are inevitable. They happen... and most certainly to me! : ) Now, now... in time, those 3 buy-ins will find their way back to my lil poker fold! Just sucks to lose 'em and I'll miss 'em whilst they are gone.

It wasn't bad luck, star alignment, sun spots, or anything else, it's just the way the cards felt. Well and I think Lady Luck mighta given me a "wet willy!" : )

Heading out to meet Uncle June at the club... and I'm sure there will be others.

No comments: