Tuesday, December 15, 2009

That time of year

It's that time of year again, in which despite our best intentions and my warnings at work that WAY TOO MANY PROJECTS get put off til the end of the year, or had planned to culminate with the "first of the year!" Do the buffoons not remember this from year to year? It's always the same. A limited staff struggles to perform in the absence of a lot of people trying to do their Christmassssy type stuff, and use up all of that "use or lose" leave before January 1st! Stressful situations ensue. Tempers flare, and fuses ignite... I have all that to I suppose but this year an added bonus is that the projects I have on my plate all have additional idiots who are stalling the overall progress. Yes, the ones who remain on site... and slowing things down this year. Go figure.

So, I'm opting to burn some leave up myself and get myself in the holiday spirit. Or drink some spirits around the holidays... errr, oh you get the picture. There's always misery to love company with!

In other news don't forget this Friday, December 18th at 7:00pm at the Eagles... we're playing Poker again. Last months attendance record of 54 could get shattered, and I'd like to be there to witness it all over again. Hope to see you all there!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: