Friday, January 22, 2010

The answer is 42.


I sat down to play some late night poker and ended up dropping a little over 2 buyins at my uber lowness on PokerStars.  Rammed everything into the middle preflop on one of my four tables with pocket Kings.  Called by an AJs.  He hit 'em both... So there went 1-1/2 buyins (since I was up on that table at the time.  Then pocket J's got me slapped, when my read was that the player was pushing my buttons from last position.  I guess he thought AA was good button to be pushing.  Seat open table 1! No waiting!  Sigh.  I remained oddly calm, but won't deny that old familiar feeling was at play, tilt was bangin' on the door, and I really did want to get even.  So, I played on for a while longer, but just recognized it as being tossed around by the waves.  So, I called it a night.  I'll get 'em back... like usual, but I just tire of counting those same damn nickles and dimes again!  To those of you who may have won 'em from me, could you at least shine 'em up a little before sending them back across the ole virtual felt!?!  : P

Heard last night that there is a poker tournament this weekend, being hosted by the Shriners which Big Red and I may drop in on.  It will be at the Eagles Aerie, where we usually play, but this is supposed to be a different crowd.  Who knows, we might get to meet some new people...AND take their money!  What could be better!  They're playing Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm.  I'm not sure on many details though.  So, we may be winging it.  HAH, winging... eagles... get it!?!  : )

In other news hmmm, oh there was something on my mind, oh yeah... today's my BIRTHDAY!  I'm 42.  Yet another year above ground is ALWAYS a plus, I'm fond of it.  Recall the importance of the number from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, as "the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything." 

Hope all is well with each and everyone of you!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: