Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Cut and Paste


It's like someone hit ctrl-c and ctrl-v, for the rest of the workweek! Or so says my Google widget...

Today, the kiddies got to remain snuggled in their beds since Wood County Schools in WV were closed due to the snowfall. I had little trouble getting to work in 4-wheel drive, but I'm sure the backroads might have presented some challenges for the buses. Might as well ease them back into school after a long Christmas break anyway. : )

I'm not exactly looking forward to today's treadmill run, having slacked off a bit while I was off on my extended break. But, I did bring the clothes to head down to the gym at lunch. I'll be happy to get in the 3 mile "run" as a jog, jaunt, or crawl. Prolly still sweat out some of the Corona had from New Years Eve... or some of that Wild Turkey liqueur. The good news is of course that there was no back-talk from the liver!

There's been little activity on the poker front for ole cheer_dad. I would have put in a few hundred hands yesterday online if the wife hadn't put me to work on stripping wallpaper yesterday. Grrrr! But the long dry spell from pokery goodness will most certainly come to an end this Friday, January 8th, 2010, since Uncle June has sent out his notice of the Texas Hold'em Tournament at the Eagles. Game time is 7:00pm, registration begins at 6:00pm, along with my alcohol consumption. An even $20 gets you in the tournament this time, as Uncle June made the executive decision to stop making change for everyone. (hehe) It'll just leave a few extra bills in your pockets for the cash games which always follow. Recall from a previous post that the last one got pretty beefy for a local game, especially since it was only a .25/.50 blinds nlhe game. All hail the multi-rebuyers!

Beyond that coming up on the 29th of January the Yanok's will be doing their fine hosting job to get the year going in the right poker direction for us all. I look forward to many late night weekends with you all!

Good luck, good skill throughout the year 2010!

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Just be grateful you don't live here in Minnesota. Your temps are down right balmy :)