Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring has sprung

Everywhere I look I'm beginning to see the signs that point to the fact that Spring is here, or is at least ramping itself up for an explosion on the senses.  The grass is greener, fuller, in need of a first mowing of the year... VERY shortly.  The daffodils in the front landscaping are already reaching for the sky, and will be blooming any day now.  There's been rain, but it's of a sort that holds the promise of growth and a general cleanup of impact of Winter.  Another sure sign that Spring is upon us, is of course my allergies are flaring up, worse than before.  But it's a give and take thing I guess. 

With the coming of Spring, Little League baseball will get under way.  Cole finally committed to another year of lacing up the cleats and oiling up the mitt.  For once... I'm not coaching.  I'm going to spectate, and just enjoy the time.  Cheer when he plays well, and offer comfort and encouragement when he doesn't.  I'm looking forward to some positive "stuff." 

Also, even though there's still a lot of school time left, you already get the sense that it's coming to an end, and that the promise of Summer vacation is on the way.  Summer is my favorite time.  Hands Down!  Sun, heat, outside, pool, ocean, sand, cooking out, time spent with family and friends.  There is NO better time! 

I've been sticking to my workouts.  I'm running around 15 miles a week, consistently, and I'm lifting about 3 times a week as well.  I feel better, and think I look a little better too.  The belt has tightened a few notches and even a few people have made some comments.  AND not obese or fat-ass!  : P  Shut it Uncle June... just shut it! 

I've played some poker, but not obsessive.  It's been ages since I've fired up the PokerStars client to donk around, but I'm sure I will again.  Life has it's seasons, and all things have their time.  In the end though, it's all my time to do with as I will.  I'm glad to have shared this and many other things with you all. 

Enjoy life, go one, get out there.

Regards,

cheer_dad

P.S.  The next Texas Hold'em Tournament at the local Eagles Aerie is scheduled for April 9th, 2010.  Registration at 6pm, game time 7pm.  $20 gets you started.  Bring more for the cash games to follow, for your adult beverage of choice, and of course don't forget to tip your bartenders!

No comments: