Monday, May 07, 2007

First things first, but not in order of importance, just trying to catch up on a long hiatus from posting to the old blog. Let's go clear back to Friday May 4th, as a good starting point. The boys of One Community FCU baseball had their 3rd game of the season. What a NAIL BITER!!! Early on, it wasn't looking good, I'll be honest with you folks. But somehow they kicked the tires and lit the fires late in the final innings of the game, and got things going. In a come from behind victory, in that final inning we went to work, and closed a 4-run-deficit. I don't know how it all happened, but they got fired up and the bats started rattling! To top it off, Drew caught a fly ball late in the game, so the whole team was treated to ice-cream afterwards, as promised. Big Red and I were both hoarse after that game.

Then, we went home, and I quickly cleaned up, and had friends over for an impromptu tournament. 14 people came for the game. Big Red finished in 3rd place and got paid! She made our buy-ins back. Julie took the 2nd spot...and yours truly finished in the top spot. For a $10 buy-in I cashed for $70. Great!

Then the next day...we had the Rowdy Frynds concert! 38 Special, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Hank Williams Jr. WOW, what a show! Hank shocked me...I had heard he put on a show, when he was sober : ), but I had no idea. The man is a true entertainer. And is also quite talented. Not only acoustic and electric guitars, but the piano, and fiddle as well. It also looked like he had lost A LOT of weight too. Anyway I really enjoyed the whole concert. Big Red and Frank and Julie did as well. I think my ears are still ringing, but then again, they've been doing that for a while now.

On to Sunday...laundrylaundrylaundry... : )

I thought I'd log some "raked hands" on Poker Rewards. I took some brutal beats, and got VERY FRUSTRATED, and just friggin' beaten down. I dropped in the neighborhood of $80, screwing the win over from two days previous. WTF!!! I got busted on pocket Kings, by a guy who hit a set of 10's. Then later at another table with pocket Aces getting it all-in preflop, against a guy who kept reraising me. I had him dead to rights, with his pocket Kings. The board paired 9's...and then rivered him one of his two outs. Yep, you could just see it coming, another friggin' King. So those two hands, effectively stole $40 from the stack. Another $10 in BlackJack, before I had the sense to walk away. Then bumped up from .10/.20 NL to .25/.50 NL in hopes of hitting a big score to get back in the swing of things. But a wave of cold cards, was the only thing I was seeing. And OBVIOUSLY, waiting for the BIG HANDS was just getting me screwed anyway. So, anyway, I'm back in the hole again, and I was so happy the last game at the house, and this just beat me down again. It is incredibly frustrating and demoralizing to be running this cold.

Now on to other things. I have a problem...or better stated...we're having a problem, and it's all my fault. And I'm going to have to take whatever steps are necessary to fix the problem. And I do mean whatever it takes, I'll have to do. I won't state it further here, but I haven't given it the attention it deserves. I'm not even sure I know what needs to be done at all, but if I value it at all...and I do...I've got to really work at it. Not all things broken can be fixed, but none without trying. Remember that, I live it. Time to stop writing and start doing!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: