Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tourney #5 down the drain...

There's card dead and then there's CARD DEAD. I've got to admit I'm getting a little disheartened by this year in poker, at least my personal results. No, I'm not upset with the way I've been playing...just the way it's been working out lately. I've gotten in there with the best of it more than a few times this year, and wound up on the short end. My image is still intact. I'm still viewed as ultra-tight...and aggressive, but just not bringing it home to the bank(roll.) But whadyagonnado? FAGETABOUTIT! Last night was tourney #5 for the NDPT. And I finished in a dismal 22nd place. OY! Went out on A-K sooted! Jim's pocket 10's held up...and he took my last 500 in chips. I played 3 hands all night in the tourney. A-Qos, and had to fold 'em. Did pull off a successful bluff w/ 9-3os, which was the only hand I won...and then the AK thing. Did okay in the cash game, sat w/20 cashed for $30, so it wasn't a total loss. But tourneys just haven't been my friends lately. Matt J did VERY well in the cash game. He had to leave rather abruptly, but cashed out for over $130 last night, when most folks were only buying in for $10 and $20 each... So there were obviously some unhappy campers! Nice play! Andy came out on top of the heap last night, and took home a nice $251 for his efforts. Way to go! Newcomer to the group Jamie took the 2nd spot...Ms. Julie did the Wolfe-Pack proud (despite Frank's going out first in the tourney.) Then Jody and Ron rounded out those who took home a few extra bucks for the weekend's "work."

Today, I played in "The Big One" on Poker Rewards...and got knocked out when I called an obvious bluff by the big stack, in the final stages of the tournament. He did have K-J, but I did have an ACE. And I did catch an ACE but he caught the 10 and the Queen to send me friggin' packin'. Some days, I do hate this game. But, oh well! Tomorrow's another day.

I currently have in the neighborhood of 650 points on Poker Rewards, even playing at the lowly level's of .10/.20 NL. But when I hit the 1,000 point level, I get my $100 deposit bonus. Actually I'm really liking this site. I mean if I can put in 100 raked hands each week at the low limits, I can automatically enter The Big One. And there have only been like 40-50 people in these! Eventually I have to hit for something right? It's a freeroll and they pay the top 10, and there's a $600 prize pool on the line. Hey that ain't nothing to sneeze at...and the odds are there. If I can just make it once. Heck that'd even change the year around for me! But DARE to DREAM.

Enough with the small talk. Have a nice night!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: