Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Weekend and beyond report...


The pot was very fat, on almost every hand. I'm speaking of Saturday's game at Shuman's house. 2 very full tables for the night, in his Cash Game/Baby Shower for Eric and Bre... Thanks for hosting a great night for everyone, and the food was great. Everyone who played had to bring, in addition to their money, and pack of diapers, to help out with the "coming soon" little bundle of JOY! The game and the players were wild as always. There were some mighty swings for us all, I think. It just depended more on when you "got out" as to what it looked like to you. For me...I bought in once for $20...and cashed out for $86. Not a bad payday for a few hours of good fun...and good beer. :) Big Red, got pounded on an early hand and was forced to buy back in for a total of $30...and climbed back out, and only ended up down $5. Not bad. We left at Midnight, to get home, since I had to work the following day. The Wolfe's as well took off then. I think Julie had to carry them through the night, after Frank dropped a few buy ins at the other table. I've since then read that Shuman cashed out up $200, despite the fact that he bought in for $80. The tide must have really turned for him in that game. Congrats...and thanks for a good game of cards.
Earlier in the day, The One Community FCU baseball team played its first game of the season...and chalked one up in the WIN column. The boys were great, and gave it all they had. I'm very proud of them. We have another game tonight in Belpre, and hopefully the trend continues. The bad part has been then my son has NOT been playing at all, because he injured his ankle. He was out of commission for a few days. He only yesterday returned to school. Came home a little sore for a day on his foot. But he's getting better. He will not be playing tonight unfortunately. So again...I go coach a game without my own son there to enjoy the time with.
The rest of the weekend was busy as well. I worked Sunday morning, into the afternoon. Then, we went with a BIG CROWD to "Fusion Japanese Restaurant" that evening, to celebrate Laura's birthday. Good time...and I was a chicken catchin' fool. : ) We left there and went just a few blocks away to Sally and Scott's house. Played some penny ante poker with a "Steelers" deck. Thanks for the hospitality!
Thankfully, I was off on Monday, but had to get up early and take my son to school. I had to then go home and mow the jungle that posed for a lawn around my house. Catch up on the laundry...but I did make time for playing some cards on my "newly" created Poker Rewards account, funded from the money that I moved over to EcoCard. I played two NL tables .10/.20 blinds. I cashed out up just over $30 for my time and trouble. I had been up to over $47 at one point, but got drawn out on by an idiot. why tripped his Queens on the River, holding AQos, to my Pocket Rockets. I marked him for continued play...not gunning for him, just recognizing someone against whom money can be made. Way to many hands played by him to see a long term profit. I'll get it back. Another player, busted my Kings for a sizable pot, which stung a bit, but 2 hands later, I took down a pot that put me back up where I'd been previously. I think his name was Russev. He should be shot, but I'd like his money first, which he seemed willing to throw around freely. I also logged 150 raked hands, even at that low level of no limit hold 'em. I need 500 to clear the PokerSavvy bonus of 400 points, which will buy me either some new Copaqs or get me a couple of $25 Visa pre-paid cards. Either way, I'll take it. To get my $100 bonus from Poker Rewards however, I'll need to log 1,000 raked hands. But there doesn't appear to be a hard and fast time limit. We shall see...but remember DON'T chase...just play the game.
I've killed enough time out here. Back to it...
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: