Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Kanawha County says YES to table games!

ExtraExtra...read all about it...

Table Games officially passed in Kanawha County, following recount from the August 11th, 2007 Election. Read all about it here:

http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/2007082938/BREAKING-NEWS-Recount-ends-with-table-games-passing-by-a-339-vote-margin

Now the question is "when?"
As has been noted previously, Wheeling Island was all set to fire up the poker room and all the other table games, right around Labor Day. But enforcement was said to be a problem, meaning the "State of WV" was not ready or equipped to regulate and enforce the new gaming enterprise. So, it has been "back-burnered." I for one have heard no additional update. I'll keep you posted, when one arrives.

Of course what does this all really matter to me...since I SUCK at poker anyway. Blackjack hasn't been so kind lately either. Aw, who am I kidding. I'm sure there will be visits to both Cross Lanes and Wheeling in my near future...or at least the future in which the tables are open for business.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: