Thursday, August 30, 2007

No more 'nanners...


I got to chug down 2 and half jugs of this stuff yesterday, and then go through the pleasures of a CT scan yesterday. I don't think I'll be eating any more bananas for a while ...yuck... I've been experiencing some lower abdominal pain. It feels A LOT like the pain you might feel after say having done crunches for an overly extended time...a few hours, and the way you feel the day after. That inability to "sit up" without pain. Unable to "bend" at the waist without serious discomfort. Heck, even trying to scoot up to my desk while seated is a chore. Anyway, so I go to the doctor yesterday at 1:00, and he sends me for bloodwork, a piss test, and a couple hours later the CT scan. When they say that you're gonna feel like you're going to "pee your pants" when the the IV cocktail hits your innards; they're NOT KIDDING! She said trust me you won't...okay lady for you anything...but wow I had to pee so bad I could taste it. Now it's the waiting game. Wait for results, wait to find out what's wrong...and ultimately what to do about it, so I can get back to the business of being me. I'm going to be angry, when they don't find anything wrong, though it won't surprise me. I'll just feel foolish, and think that I've just been whining over nothing. Meanwhile...I'm still in a bit of pain. It's actually a little better today, of course after the "bowel-blow" experience gettin' rid of the barium, hell there was nothing inside left to hurt. I'm starting wonder if the pain is actually musculature and not digestive tract in nature. But I have no explanation for it either way. Anyway, we'll just play the waiting game now. Stay tuned on this one.
I played for a while last night on UB at the .50/$1 NLHE tables. One table this time, for a little over 100 hands. I cashed out up. For the day I'm back up about $30-ish. Still down you know from the blackjack and the lousy run of SNG's that I opted for. Now, I'm single tabling and making notes of EVERY SINGLE guy I'm playing. Last night in fact it allowed me to make a read on a guy who was bluffing me. I'm playing tight...WAY TIGHT! So tight that I feel a bit like a target, and I can tend to feel and see that at the table. There begin to be guys who circle and start trying to put preflop moves on me. Buying me out of my blinds, over and over again. For a while it made me mad. Then...I decided just to continue waiting. Waited for the hand to push back, not just a blind push back, but something with teeth. As "luck" would have it though, he dropped it. The observations that were most useful were keeping track of the other guys at the table playing on their bellies as well. When they shoved, or even just when they got involved, it was time to stay out, except with some monster holdings. The really good thing was that I only made it to the showdown maybe twice. So no one knows anything about my play other than I was tight-aggressive. I bluffed VERY SELDOM, if at all. I didn't make a lot...but I was able to hold on to what was already mine. I only had to make one questionable call once, when I guy reraised me $10. But because I'd been watching, and his bet seemed actually kind of weak, I was able to call without a lot of fear. Fear nonetheless though. New rules, no more SNG's. Keep taking notes, and no risks, at least for a long while. I won't really be happy until I'm back up about $400 or so. Really... it's going to take that much for me to get my head back together.
As for the coming long weekend...Friday night is card night at the Yanok's. Saturday afternoon and evening is our Labor Day weekend picnic...which will probably lead into a card game too. Sunday is Cole's football game @ Mineral Wells. Monday is the holiday...and Tuesday is my AWS day. Long weekend needed. I really need to think about eating better...a lot better. The scales at the docs office don't lie. No wonder I feel lousy, I'm carrying around so much excess weight. Let's see what a few less pounds can do for me. It couldn't hurt now anyway, right?
That'll have to do for a post...
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: