Sunday, September 09, 2007

Busy weekend

It's been another busy weekend for the Murray clan. Friday night Big Red and I headed over to Shuman's for a good night over poker. I got hammered early on by some guy I didn't know. He called all the way to the river with a 3-5os, against my A-Qos. He paired his 5 on the river and walked away with it. Right after he scalped my stack, they immediately moved him to the other table. ARGGGG! I wasn't upset about the loss. I could have made money off of that guy...I didn't want to see him leave. But there was another fish to be found at the table. Who early on had a monster stack, having sucked out several times early on. After that he played every hand. No matter the raise. I was happy to finish where I'd started. I would have been happier to have earned like some of the guys at the other table. I think at least 3 of them cashed out for over $100. There's always next time.

The following day, we headed to Cross Lanes to watch the doggies run. Frank and Julie, and Matt and Jody accompanied Big Red and I. I did okay on the dogs, but in the end the slots took it down. Just could not make them pay. But the beer and shots of Crown (again all Matt's fault) were very good. Everybody had a good time...and we'll have to do it really soon again.

Cole's football game at 1:00 today, was one for the WIN column. 14-0 against Warren White. Good job boys! I hope the injuries on the other team, were all minor...and that the boys are all okay. Cole did very well, and I'm really happy with how he's playing defense. He's following the ball very well. He's getting good...and I think he likes football again. : )

I go for my ultrasounds tomorrow morning, to see what's wrong with me. Although, I haven't had any pain for a few days now. None, NADA...that's good, keep your fingers crossed for me.

I gave up some money online on Bodog, after getting back from the dog tracks on Saturday. I think I prolly just blew it...wish I could remember. Oops!

Don't forget NDPT #9 is this coming Saturday people, see you then!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: