Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Well, I did it...

Rather than allow myself to succumb to what I did on CarbonPoker a few weeks back, and blackjack it all away. I hit the cashout button on UB and Poker.com last night. No there's not much, just a few hundred bucks. I left only amounts smaller than $10-$20 in them. I'm forcing myself back to micro-limits. I don't know if I've just playing above my ability or bankroll, or just generally being unlucky, or just sucking at poker. Whatever the case may be...I was tired of money leaving my possession. I only wish I had done it before the Carbon meltdown. : ) And then yesterday's beatdown, which was in the neighborhood of $250. I've left $56 in Bodog. And a couple of other rooms, have some other tiny sums as well. My thought is to head back to the microlimit games again. Just play for some fun again. Actually get to enjoy the game again, instead of letting the winning/losing influence my moods. Still on my next trip to Vegas, I fully intend to skip the Limit Tables, and head directly to NLHE for sure. I want to see what "rock-hard-solid-play" will do for me for a week. I'm curious to see if it will run like it has in my online experience. Seeing tells, not worrying about the suspicions of collusion, getting a read off of your opponent, etc...these are all things that I would be gained playing live. Only time will tell.

At any rate, I'll continue reading and studying and learning. I just wanted to remove the temptation to do something all too stupid, and blow it. Call me weak, call me what you will, but the reality is, there will be no tilt move here!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: