Thursday, September 27, 2007

Drinking BMW's

Drinking BMW's? a.k.a the Brothers-es, Murrays, and Wolfes. : )
Last night the six of us met at Applebees and made our best efforts at draining the kegs. We actually ate a little bit too, but not enough to get in the way of the alcohol. I think maybe I dropped the F-bomb a few too many times at the table...sorry dear! It was good to get together with friends and cut up a little bit.

After getting home, and getting situated, Big Red opted to hit the hay early, since she was tired. I took the opportunity to take in 30 minutes of poker on Bodog. Here fishyfishyfishy!!! Wow, I moved up to $134.45 last night! I hit two phenomenal NUT flushes, and people kept betting into me. I raked in some healthy pots, at the 5cent 10cent NLHE tables. I would have been a little higher too, had I not been forced to get involved with pocket rockets. I raised like a madman preflop, and got called. I flopped a set, but kept getting called down, finally four cards to the flush filled in and the smooth caller popped it on the river, so I waited, and typed in the chat window... "Congratulations you just cracked Aces" ... and then folded 'em. But I'd dropped $5-$6 in that pot. So I had been flirting with the $140 mark! But hey, I'll take the gain that I got. May there be many, many more.

I committed myself to go to Friday's poker game with Matt. I figure I've got $200 I can afford to take to this $1/$2 NLHE ring game. It'd be sweet to double it up...but I'm going in with the game plan to play SMART POKER. Nothing less will do. Just say no to donkin'...

No walk today...it's raining too hard, but I won't complain. I've been doing really good, and walking at lunch. From the building up to 13th Street for the past week and a half. I've got to make this commitment, and get myself healthy again. Incidentally I'm going for another "test" tomorrow, to figure out what's wrong with my innards. The pain "seems" to be gone, although I detect a tender spot in my stomach every once in a while. But nothing has shown up yet on the tests, so I guess that's a good thing, right?!

Enough about me...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: