Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hee Haw



I donked it up last night...those of you who were there at the "guys-night" poker game know it too. Started off okay, not moving up, just treading water. Then thanks to straddles, Omaha Hi/Lo, and craving the win of at least a friggin' pot, I played like a blaster, and got blasted. As I said last night..."I hate this fuckin' game!" Though no one believes me...well including me. I love poker. I love watching it, reading about it playing it, analyzing it...you name it. Lately, though I just can't get my shtuff together. I'm seriously disatisfied with my play lately. I'm the problem, and not just the cards. I really need a confidence booster...but poker is a fickle mistress, and seldom does what you need her to. I dropped $50 last night. Bought in orginally for $20, which lasted a while. Then crashed and burned, rebought for $20, lost it quickly, and then threw in my last $10, and soon that was all she wrote. Thank goodness I was enjoying the BEER at least. I keep telling myself this is going to be the night, where I turn it around. Start of tight...but then see good hands get crushed over and over. Make good reads, but then behave in ways which defeat the read. The two hands that I recall winning last night were, making a straight, playing an A-4os...and playing J-4os, for no particular reason, and making a boat. That's just how it's been. This is the life.

I wish I could remember what I did when I logged on to Bodog late last night. Looks like a made $7.xx out there. Who knows what I was playing? Anyway, once more into the abyss.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: