Monday, August 17, 2009

Sigh


Aw, so sad that as the World Series of Poker ends (or at least goes on the 4-month hiatus) visitors to the blog start dropping off. "Sigh..." I'll miss you all. To those of you who continue to wander through my musings thanks for stopping by and sharing time with me.

In my real world (at work) things seem to have settled down a bit, but I remain guardedly optimistic. I don't need someone dropping he proverbial garbage can on my head.

I'm still busy with Cole's football practice. We are still practicing 5 nights per week through this week. Next week (on Wednesday) the kids all head back to school so then, the boys will get some relief, with only 3 nights a week. But something else will no doubt fill the void.

Whitney is looking for a part-time job. She hopes becoming a wage slave will fill the hours spent last year cheering. Yes, kids the lil blond girl is NOT cheering this year. It's a long story and I won't dignify the coaches with a long drawn out explanation. You know whatcha did... and you know it was wrong... and my daughter stepped up and told you both to "get bent... I'll go my own way!" I'm proud of her. I'm proud of the effort she put into it all, over the years, but I guess the real lesson she's learned from me is that she doesn't have to take a lot of shit from anyone. Some... yes of course, life sometimes serves it up, but there is a limit to what any one of us should endure. Knowing that limit, and reacting appropriately when it is crossed defines one's character. And right now, my daughter stands tall and proud. I'm very proud of her, and the young woman she has become. Anyway, my apologies for the extended recap... wish her luck in finding a good job to earn a few bucks.

Don't forget POKER this Friday at the Eagles Aerie 2307, starting at 7:00pm. Registration begins at 6:00pm. $25 gets you in on the action. Cash games to certainly follow... Hope to see you all there.

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

BWoP said...

GL to Whitney!