Friday, October 23, 2009

Follow your bliss

I'm winding down the day, with a little B-52's, happen on the Follow Your Bliss track off of the Cosmic Thing album. No lyrics, just a slow melodic undercurrent, that if I just let go would drift me off to sleep. And the randomized Media Player psychedelic animated display swirls and pulsates to the music. Dude, the friggin' colors! But it won't be long now.

We had a fun time at the Eagles last night. Of course I spent most of time huddled around the stupid Word Dojo machine with JJ and Jim trying to break thru the elusive high score. Earlier in the day Whitney called when she couldn't get her car so start. And of course I'm the who has to help, although I don't know the least little bit about automobiles. But the problem yesterday seemed somewhat obvious. I found a blown fuse, which sits in a fuse box over the battery. There was also some meltage of the surrounding plastic. We replaced the fuse, but it still would turn over, not until we popped the clutch. Then it started and runs til you turn if off. Then it won't come back on at all. Today I've spent a lot of time looking for internet advice to help me. I think I know what has to be done, which will required a trip into the shop for little Yellow Turbo, the VW bug!

No poker to be played this weekend I don't believe. We do have a bonfire tomorrow at the Eagles, so there's that. Beer and Combustion... : ) Also, Big Red and I will be celebrating our 18th Wedding Anniversary over the weekend! The day is October 26th, Monday... but we'll do some things together over the course of the weekend. Happy Anniversary Baby!

I foolishly played some after Eagles poker last night, and just gave it away. I got to pushy early on, and ran a flopped set into the Nut Flush on the River. I knew better than to shove there, but got cocky. I then tried to get it back, and failed and just ended up giving more back. I know you'd think I'd learn. But, it was all tiny stakes, so no real harm done, except for priced.
As the day marches on, my eyes are getting heavier. I'm looking forward to heading home and take a catnap. Plug your ears, the snoring's about to commence.

Later all!

Regards,

cheer_dad

1 comment:

BWoP said...

Happy Anniversary!