Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gettin' the green light


In an hour I'm getting the "go ahead" for an early weekend! I moved my AWS day to Friday this week so I'm out of here come 4:00pm. Okay, I'm staying in the building after that to go get in a treadmill workout, but it's all MY TIME at that point. On the heels of a run, and heading home to help out on the homework front for the kidlets, tonight is most assuredly a DRAWING night at the Eagles folks. I've threatened to drink my body weight in adult beverage. Yes, likely a pipe dream, but what a way to go huh!!! : P

I'm struggling in the last hour here. Although this has been a short week indeed, I've crammed a lot into it. I've done more than enough meetings to last a lifetime, and even had to give a presentation of sorts today, just before lunch. I think I did fine and it went off at least as somewhat informative. But I think I'll really pep up, once my work day is over.

There will be no football for Cole this weekend, as he spent a couple days missing school from strep throat, and I'm not going to put him outside in the cold/rain/sleet/possible friggin' SNOW on Sunday. Uh uh... no way, not gonna happen. Last game of the regular season, and he was taking too much of their bullshit anyway! Plus, not being there will keep them safe as well, as I would normally work chain gang, and in my current attitude toward them would likely shove the down marker up someone's ass anyway. So, it's really all about the Win-Win situation after all.

I actually finished wading through the HUNDREDS of Google Reader posts I've been behind on from all the many bloggers out there. I've missed your antics. I should have realized all along that I could have used the laughter which you create on an every day basis and stuck with it even during some rather dark times. Hell, you all even encouraged me to get my ass back on line and playing some poker! And enjoy it, win or lose. I'll try not to forget it in the future.

I hope all is well with each of you. If you're here local, stay bundled up and try to stay warm. To those of you in warmer climates, not only am I deeply jealous right now, but hate you immensly. Okay maybe it's not so bad as all that.

OH, and don't forget TOMORROW NIGHT October 16th at 7:00pm at the Eagles, it is Poker Night, Texas Hold'em! Registration starts at 6:00pm. In Uncle June's absence I'll be carrying the hosting torch. 25 dolla make u holla! Be there... I'm looking forward to it!

I leave you with a final quote, similar in nature to the many I've entertained with on Facebook:
"...it takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile, be yourself no matter what they say..."

Regards,

cheer_dad

2 comments:

BWoP said...

Don't hate me because I'm in Vegas :-(

cheer_dad said...

yeah hate WAS a bit strong... but brrrr i'm not fond of cold and rain. i'd much rather be baking in the sun, to a nice chicken mcnugget sort of color!