Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day

Hope everyone is having a Happy Columbus Day. This is that one holiday of the year that adults typically get that the kids do not. School is in session, but my son was up most of the night not feeling well and isn't feeling so hot today, so we kept him home with us. The rest will do him some good.

Red and I had a nice weekend. Friday night was of course Cole's birthday, but after that he spent the night with mamaw and papaw to go turkey hunting the following couple of days. That perhaps explains his cold now. But on Saturday we went out to eat with the Brotherses at Los Agaves (the old Stoney Creek Restaurant.) Very good Mexican food... and Red and Laura really seemed to enjoy the margaritas. Afterwards we headed to the Eagles for a beer or so... okay there were buckets involved. Good time was had by all.

Sunday, with Cole returned we headed out to the football field at Belpre. Our Bullet boys did us proud and put one up in the W column. Congrats! After the game we all headed over to the Yanok's house for a special late afternoon Hold'em tournament! Brian Yanok took down the top spot, followed my Red, then Jules (Snapper time) and I brought up the rear to cash out in 4th. I had a great time and hope that you all did too.

Speaking of poker I wandered back out to a little online play the other day. I had a notice from UB that they had deposited $10 so I decided to go try my luck at a SNG. I was out in 5 minutes, before the blinds even went up, when my AA ran into J-10, and he flopped two pair. Yeah me... But take heart since I later logged on to PokerStars and managed a small profit, despite this loss. Once again, the online ring game was kind. Oh ye poker gods... why must ye tempt me?

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: