Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Splat, and some poker announcements too


Somedays even the coffee gets the better of you at work! Off to a wondrous start this morning, with one too many dramas to deal with. Everyone really gets overly freaked out over things that just don't get me all that excited. Folks, ain't nobody gonna die if this service isn't running for about a minute and a half. FFS, it even fails over to it's counterpart. BUT, I digress. Just a minor bump in the road, but unfortunately the "team" didn't all see eye to eye on the subject. But hey as the lead, I opted for words of wisdom, from Mike McD himself. "Yeah, it's one me!" Of course now who in management will likely by "Gramma" or "TeddyKGB" I have no clue. The thought does give me pause... mighta even thrown up in my mouth a little there! : P

Work is work people... it's just a job... don't let it define or encompass you're very existence. If our work defined us, we all most certainly have very short dictionary entries.

In other more positive pokery type goodness, the Yanok's are hosting this Friday, at 7-ish I think!?! Me thinks there will be Crown. Time grows short for additional qualifiers to pad the chip stack for the year end game. See you all there!

Also, Friday the 13th (November) the Eagles Hold'em Tournament is scheduled. Registration at 6, game at 7. $25 gets you in for all the fun. Limit of 50 players (for now.) As an added bonus Uncle June tells me that Jinx'd is playing in the Main room. Any of my erstwhile Facebook fanatical followers can attest to the "good" time I/we all had on Halloween when they played at the 5th Street Pub. The things I've seen, the things I've heard... Thank all your lucky stars that I'm pretty sure I lost some time there. There are some details that are pretty fuzzy. Anyway, I hope to see you all come out for the game. I needs a big win... and YOU can make it happen! : )

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: