Monday, March 08, 2010

into the vortex

Another day (specifically a MONDAY) sucked once more into the vortex of time.  To call it mind-numbing would be an understatement.  Nearly everyone in this area was in the process of moving to a new spot in the cubicle farm.  Those who weren't moving today, are moving tomorrow or the next day (like me) and so have been fully engaged in packing up all the crap they've accumulated over the "x" number of years our backsides have called these desks, home.  With all that shuffling about, there's been little in the way of required actions.  I instead took the opportunity to catch up on some mandated training that is coming due very soon.  But talk about your real yawner of a day.  All the more reason to despise me some Monday! 

The beginning of the weekend was spent in a pokery bliss.  Friday at the Eagles.  Chris and I played host to the 54 players who showed up for the Texas Hold'em Tournament.  Becky took down that top spot, with a fantastic run of cards, the likes of which I'd love to just have happen to me once in my pathetic little poker experience.  just once...  Then, the following night we played at the Yanok's house.  I made 4th in game one, and got my money back, minus the $5 year end qualifier fee.  Of course, I donated it back into the 2nd game.  But I can't fault bad play.  I went out on a KJ, called by Jerry's 3-4.  Trip 4's will tend to win that!  : )  Hey it happens and he had the stack to make the play. 

Sunday morning came a little early for the "slightly" inebriated!  I had to head into work for our standard server/application maintenance window.  We FINALLY got to begin the upgrade process!  The delays imposed upon us, were pointless.  It went off without a hitch!  A big thanks goes to the team!  This process will continue over the rest of this month, and bleed on into April as well.  Baby stepping our way to brand-spankin' new email! 

Sunday afternoon involved laundry and lounging, and more of the latter than the former.  (snore)

I've been trying to be a little more frequent about posting to the blog and I find that I've really missed these little rambling sessions.  But lotsa extra hours at the workplace have left me a bit drained.  But some of the dark clouds are beginning to lift, both figuratively and literally.  Can you believe it, there's actually been sunshine!  The snow is gone.  C'mon springtime!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: