Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Paint it on

It may be the only thing you can grab to hold on to your sanity, but you've gotta dig deep and smile.  All this under the gun bullshit is getting old and I mean quick!  But, you know, take heart in the fact that they keep coming to you with it, because you get the job done and they damn well know it.  Seems no one bothered to tell them that you keep going to your stars you will eventually burn them out.  I gotta tell you I'm in need a good stoking. 

But tomorrow is a new day.  They can't take away your birthday, and you can laugh at them all as their folly takes them down.  Even the laws of variance apply to donkeys in the workplace!  So, bray it up... I'll still be here.  You may have beaten me down for a time, but I'm foolish enough to believe that I can outlast you and get back up in the end of this fight.

Today was Tuesday, more like my Monday, thank goodness tomorrow's Hump Day.  Then, Thursday and Friday... leading into a great poker weekend for me and the rest of the NDPT crew.  Friday night is Poker Night at the Eagles, registration at 6:00, and gametime is 7:00.  Be there, and plan on around 50 players.  Then, as if last weekend wasn't enough, and this Friday too, but the fine folks at the Yanoks bring us yet another night of poker debauchery on Saturday!.  Bless you two!  The cheer_dad is in need! 

For now, I've got the smile painted on...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: