Thursday, July 13, 2006

Broke through the glass ceiling!

I'm in uncharted waters here...don't know what might happen. The unknown looms out there on the horizon. Okay, maybe it's not so very mysterious. I just passed the $200 mark on Poker.com! Hey, to me that's a pretty big deal! I recall a couple of dismal plummets on UltimateBet.com when I reached the $190+ mark in the past, and could never pop the cherry on 200. I even remember going from that level down to $8...and then climbing back out of that hole, without redepositing and getting back up to $190, only to begin another plunge. Part way into that swing, UB began an awful upgrade period, and things were a little skiddish on the site, so I opted to yank my money off the site. That was the best move I've ever made! Don't get me wrong I'll go back to UB eventually, but when I freed that money up, I was able to begin Bonus Whoring for a while, and I have really built a nice little bankroll. In total I have deposited a TOTAL of $90 online. NO more NO less! Among all of the sites that I play on I have accumulated in the neighborhood of $560. Plus 6 decks of Copag cards and a set of Nevada Jacks chips to boot! Just from all the bonus chasing. AND, my game has improved, a lot. Even though sometimes Big Red, thinks I need to pull in more wins at the ole home game. Sorry Dear!
Let me pause and give out another shout out to "Matt" the PokerSavvy.com guru. I have to credit him with some of the recent success. Without his site, the Gift Cards and "stuff" wouldn't have been possible, but I also would probably have never tried out some of the sites that I started playing on. And I am continuing to play on many of them today, because I like the operations that they are running. So far, it's been a Win-Win! Thanks again Matt!
In other news...I see that the anti internet gambling act has been working its way through the legislature. It passed through the House by an overwhelming margin. The debate (it has been said) will heat up in the Senate, and may not reach a final vote by the end of the current session. I don't like it...most of friends don't either. The Poker World doesn't like it. But the government says they're voting the "will of the people." Yeah...right. I suspicion that it is merely a way to ultimately dictate and tax the online world of gambling...which will then give an opportunity to expand to other markets as well. Makes sense to me. They say that provisions in the bill would force banks to monitor members accounts, for activity involving online gambling. I'm not sure how that translates to my bank and Neteller though?!? Anyone have the answer to that? I guess I'll just have to wait and see like everyone else. It's like waiting for the flop/turn/river, when you've gone all in with top pair, but your opponent has two overs. Exciting!

Well...that's enough for today. Until next time...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: