Friday, July 14, 2006

A little libation!


Okay, so it was a LOT of libation!
We met up with the Chris and Laura...and with Chris and Doug...and later on still with Richard. The wife and I headed out to El Ranchero last night for food and drinks. The pitchers of margaritas were flowing. None flowed the way of Laura, with her little bambino currently in the making, and all. She and Chris were there for a long while with just us, before Chris (yes, it's another Chris, of the female variety) and Doug got there. Richard showed up even later still, when I'd already shifted to beer. We had a few there, and then headed over to BW3's to have another beer, and check out the younger crowd. I think I feel older evertime I go in there! But I like the comfortable bar atmosphere. Angie wasn't working by the time we got there, and had already headed home. It was nice to get out for the evening with friends. I for one really enjoyed it! I'm a little weary today. And I don't think Big Red was feeling completely up to par this morning. Even now, I'm still a little shaky! But today's my short day. So I'm out in just a few more hours. I think I'm already in vacation mode.

I'm sure we're not going to Myrtle Beach now, since Teresa didn't find any great deals on a last minute condo, like we did last year. But now she's been looking at going to Busch Gardens/Williamsburg, and maybe even Virginia Beach. That's got possibilities too. But I guess we'll just have to see. Who knows what we might be getting into. All I really know is that I won't be at work! I really need this break. Time to recoup a little bit, before I burn out.

I just got another $100 gift card for PartyPoker, after getting more points on the PokerSavvy site! I got these, because JR is signed up through me now on the Savvy Site! JR's been racking up some online time himself, and making points too. The PokerSavvy site has really introduced me and my friends to a lot more poker rooms, than we would have ever found, much less played on. But I'm continuing to play on many of them today. I just can't say enough about the site. It's great. Visit today: http://www.pokersavvy.com.

Just spoke to the wife...and she says that rumor has it that gas prices are expected to shoot up, yet again, upwards $4-$5!!! She wants to go look at a van tonight. The Durange is irking her anyway. Way too many trips to the shop, for knocks, and mystery noises. Plus it is a GAS HOG! Can you say HYBRID!!!

Well I should wrap up for now, and get on with the day.
Until next time...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: