Sunday, July 09, 2006

Who invited him anyway!?!

Another tournament goes down in history. I miss the money again...which the misses reminds of every single time. Did make it to the final table, but with very few chips. I got caught up on two bad hands the whole night. 1st against Del...when I had AKsuited, and matched his preflop raise. The flop was absolutely no help at all to me. I put him on a pocket pair of some kind...and I just don't think it was going to happen for me, so I laid it down. Blinds were at like 200-400 at that point, and I was in no shape to do anything but drop 'em. Others might have made the stand there...butI put him on a pair of some kind, which was going to take me out. The other hand, which did me in...I played my LEAST FAVORITE hand of all time. (Me and James Woods, where's the rubber band when I need it.) K-J...I don't like it...it's weak...easily busted...leads to no good, but there I was in mid-late position, blinds at 300-600, and I go all-in. Only to get a call from the big blind(Erik P), who is already pot committed...and besides the fact, he takes a peak at a pair of 10s. I've got overs, so it's a coin flip, that is until the flop makes him a set of 10s. As a thumb of the nose, Lady Luck gives me a J on the river, for nothing...I'm missing a Q for my straight. But that's poker...and actually to my wife's credit...I think she's realizing that, it is really the way it works.

Matt J, ran away with the top spot again! Who invited him anyway!!! Oh wait, it was me... :) Sorry Matt...way to take it down again, and kudos on shutting down JJ's game. Would have never believed it had I not seen it. You had his number. One of these days, when I get the guts, I'll have to join you in your game. I'll need to take out a small loan to afford the stakes. :P

Anyway, I got called in here to work, early this AM, so I'm all done now...and heading out. Think I'll go home and see what the day has in store for me.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: