Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's been a very dismal week.

The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006 has passed through the legislature piggy-backed on the Port Security Act, for weeding out those terroristically bent types. Yeah us poker players are a vicious bunch. Life and poker will go on. In some form, it will. I have begun withdrawing money from some of the Poker Rooms that I play on, but not all. Some of them, unlike PartyPoker.com have taken somewhat of a stance, and haven't immediately cut ties with the U.S. players. I was concerned like many others, that if I waited too long that I'd never get anything back out. I am leaving the money poised in my Neteller account, until the final disposition on this thing is hashed out. A loophole of some kind will most likely emerge. A series of new heavy hitters will probably hit the poker market too. At least many of us hope so. However the statements I've seen lately saying that the "Golden Age of Poker" is over, seem sadly true. I urge you all to keep an eye how all of this unfolds, particularly if you are continuing to play online. I'd recommend taking a look at the following link to see where (so far) you're poker room of choice has weighed in: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7509074&an=0&page=0#Post7509074

I just sent out the latest tournament notice to the NDPT family of players. I had to switch it to a different week, due to some scheduling conflicts. It is now October 13th at 7:00pm. Still plenty of time to get everyone notified. Sheesh I just sent it out less than 10 minutes ago, and I've already received email responses from enough people to fill up one table!!! JUNKIES! Maybe this whole poker being a moral degeneration of America holds some weight. HMMMM!

Busy week as well. I've got a new boss again! They just keep moving our little group ALL OVER the place around here. We're the red-headed step children of this organization! But someone's got to fill that role, might as well be us.

I climbed out of the hole on Gaming Club, and I'm once again in the black on that site. Whew!!! I was starting to get a complex. Looks like I'm going to have to park some money elsewhere for a while, and ride this thing out to its final destination.

Hope things are going well for the rest of you out there.
Keep your chin up, maybe things'll be brighter tomorrow, for our little online poker culture!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: