Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trying to get back in the swing of things

I know it's been a while since my last post but there have been reasons, and some of them are even legit! For example, Big Red and I were in Las Vegas starting on October 25th, and we didn't return until the 28th! So I should really get a pass on that time frame. As for the other excuses, well just never mind, concentrate only on Vegas, cause nothing else matters REALLY!

Yes, in celebration of our 15th Wedding Anniversary, we headed out to the bright lights of Vegas. I got to play lots of poker, and even Big Red got in on the act too. In fact there was the one night, a little after 3:00am that I was falling asleep at the table, from too much play, too much drink, and just the ole body giving out. I went on to bed. Big Red on the other hand, opts to stick around, and hits a fantastic winning streak. From what I'm told she came up to the room at around 6:00am. I think she paid for it the next day though. BUT, she did hit Quad Aces during that session! You should have seen the look on her face after that. Well as a matter of fact, it probably looked a little bit like this:



I'm sure I'll pay dearly for this post...but it just had to be done. And I'm sure the rest of you will greatly appreciate this. Her one comment to me about this picture...at least my hair looks good!

Honey, your vanity knows NO BOUNDS!





Aside from poker, we went to a Legends show, with some really great celebrity impersonators. We have a few pictures of these, from after the show that I'll have to get posted at some point. Anyway they had Bobbie Darrin, Elvis Presley, Garth Brooks, Sting, The Temptations, and Britney Spears. Each and every one of the performers was top notch, and had the celebrity act down pat. Great Job one and all!

Picked up some new poker shirts from Margaritaville since it was so close to the Imperial Palace. We did some other shopping as well, but not a lot. All in all it was a good vacation for the both of us.

When we got back, I got about 5 hours sleep and then had to go in to work on Sunday, for 14 HOURS! I was dead by the end of that night. I did have the following day off (Monday) but even now, I feel as if I haven't fully caught up on my sleep. It's been all I can do to stay awake during a couple of my meetings today. Let's hope tomorrow is better.

In other poker news, I'm working another promo offer at GamingClub, if I play 750 hands, they pay me $75. I'm already in for over 150 hands from last night. Bad part is, I think I'm down almost $20. I'm hoping against hope that I'm just on the downswing of the variance. Otherwise, this'll just plain SUCK! I need to begin thinking more about what levels at which I want to play at. $1/$2 Limit seems to get points coming in, but it still just always feels like a crapshoot. There are just so many people out there that'll call you down w/anything. And I just feel like sometimes, I'm spinning my wheels. If I do opt to go back to No Limit, at higher limits than before, I'm going to have to really watch changing gears. It is a different game. It has bigger pitfalls, to go with the higher rewards. I'm not going to go back to exclusive SNG's that's just crazy. I can almost always finish those in the top 4 spots. Unfortunately on 3 spots pay out. Invariably I hit a cold run of cards, or get an extreme suckout to thank for losing. I'm not bitter, that's just how it works.

Anyway, we may play this weekend at Yanok's or at J.B.'s depending on how this working weekend shapes up. Yes, I have to work the weekend AGAIN, due to the datacenter moves that are going on. GRRRRR!

Anyway, it's time to wrap up another UberPost. Okay, maybe not so Uber...but nonetheless, I'm done!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: