Monday, October 16, 2006

The weekend was good to me...

Friday night as you'll recall was tournament night at my house. I ended up finishing 2nd in the tournament! Big Red finished THIRD!!! We were on a roll! We both did have to rebuy, which is uncharacteristic, at least for me. :) (Sorry dear) Now, that said, I did have a two donkey moves. 1st--Against Robert "the chef" I raise preflop, in an effort to steal the pot, w/ my pocket fours. Chef, reraises me, all in. I make the call...EEEEE AWWWWW! He flips his 9's over, the rest was history. Then, I call an unraised pot w/K-10os. I hit a pair of K's on the flop. Ignoring the fact that the board shows a possible FLUSH, I push all in. Del is given great pause, but eventually calls it. Ms. Julie however, can't get into the pot quick enough, with her NUT FLUSH!!! Atta Girl. I rebought, and made it to the final table. Didn't have much of a prayer, but then I get in a hand with JR, w/pocket 7's. He turns over pocket 10's. DOH!!! But I hit my set. That propelled me to the end. I gave Matt a run for it, heads up. But 5 hands in a row, I end up with RAGS! I just couldn't catch a card. So, a relative newbie, once again takes it down. Congrats!

Saturday night...it's Yanok time! Chris, Chef, and I go over for the evening's festivities. First game, I forget to switch gears, mistakenly try to bluff Jenny, I paid for it! I wait for game 2. Chef takes down the two table win! 2nd game, Big Red shows up for, this ones just 8 of us. I hit my stride, and suckout against Mr. Yanok's set of Kings, and hit the straight. This again, sees me through to the end, and I take down 1st. Wahoo! Total win for me $180 + $100 = $280 + Big Red added about $80, to the win column. Of course minus 70 and 60 for buy-ins. :) Still not a bad weekend in my opinion.

Online experience, has been a little brutal on Full Tilt. Was down and on life support, sheesh! Have turned it around a bit this morning, playing .10/.25 No Limit. Getting back to my roots, I guess! And $20 got released into my account, from the bonus. So now I'm down, a little over $100 on the site. UGGGGH! Will the bleeding ever stop? Oh well there's always tomorrow. I should go check on the MRS...she's not feeling well.

See you next time...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: