Sunday, October 01, 2006

PSO Freeroll last night

I got an email yesterday, reminding me about a PokerSourceOnline freeroll being held at PokerRoom...and I just had to play. Nevermind the fact that I had people coming over to play a cash game! :) OOOPS! I promise it was the 1st and only time that it'll happen. I had a great time playing with all those people who showed up last night. And I'm glad the indulged me and let me play the PSO tourney. Of the over 300 who began the tourney last night, I finished in 9th place!!! I made a cool $160, which was great. Unfortunately, 1st prize was $2,500! I very well could have gotten there if my last hand had gone differently. I called another guy's All-In, when I looked down to see Pocket Cowboys! He flipped up AQos. I even hit my set of Kings! Unfortunately...he hit his straight on the RIVER! If I'd won it...that would have propelled me through for quite a while I believe. But hey...I didn't pay a dime for it, and I walked away with $160, so I'm pretty happy about it!

I've climbed out of my hole on GamingClub. I have cashed a couple of $20 bonuses, by playing 350 hands at a stretch. Plus, I was credited another $50, for doing a total of 500 due to another email promo that they sent me. Thank goodness, since I was really down on my luck on this site. This puts me back to within $4 of what I started out with. Now, as long as I don't blow it all. Just take it slow.

I've done several "honey--doo" projects today. I put up this metal star on the front of the house that Big Red wanted. I drained the pool, to get ready to put it to bed for the winter. I also replaced the kitchen faucet today. It wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Things seldom are as bad as I think they will be. My mind works in the "worst-case-scenario" mode all the time. It can eat you up at times.

Anyway time to move on to the next thing.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: