Friday, October 13, 2006

It's tourney night, tonight!

Getting myself psyched up for tonight's tournament already. I need to get in the zone early on...and stay there. Hear that Big Red, don't go puttin' me on tilt before game time! So, as soon as work is over...I'll head home, and get the chips counted out, put the chairs out, and get the beer iced down. The rest is the evening will just flow from there. I'm due for a win! Sorry gang, but it's my turn tonight! There are only 3 games left in the points race. Hang on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride in this race to the finish. AND, I'm already making plans for next year.
In other happenings, dad and I went to the Blackwater River fishing on Wednesday. Although the fish weren't very active, (thus, we only caught 4 total) we had a great time, just getting away from work...and out in the great wide open. I think I could have successfully, single-handedly kept Joe's Flies in business, what with the number of them that I left at the bottom of Blackwater, snagged on twigs, rocks, and who knows what else.
It was probably one of the warmest days ever for this time of year, that I've gone fishing. We weren't even wearing jackets. The weather was great, the fall foliage was at its peak, and it was just a great day to be out in the world. We might even decide to go back there on Monday, if I can swing the schedule for it. We could even hit the Cranberry, which is still probably one of my favorites. Don't know why...but it is.

I ran yesterday and today on the treadmill at lunch, this time I really am going to make an effort to stick with it. I've got to. This is getting ridiculous...I'm having too much difficulty staying motivated. I need a personal trainer, or at least a motivation coach. However, I did read another bloggers comments today over at http://irongirl01.blogspot.com/ and yes, it's a Poker Blog in nature, BUT she also talks about her days as a runner, and continues to support and work the 1/2 Marathon in her area. So I really can juggle the two can't I. Now, no more excuses.

I made a slight rebound on Full Tilt Poker last night, but there's still MUCH WORK and MUCH WINNING yet to do, before, I can recover from the early on beatings I took on the site. But, I'll just keep on keepin' on! Until it's all back, gone, or the US Government completely pulls the plug on poker!

Anyway, time to get back to it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: