Monday, November 20, 2006

Another non-existent weekend

I put in approximately 17 OT hours this weekend; will these data-center moves never end? Just aren't enough waking hours in the day, to accommodate it all, whatever "it" may be! Don't get me wrong...the money will be nice...it will also be quickly used, as the Christmas season is upon us. Thanksgiving is Thursday...and Black Friday will kick off holiday shopping with a vengeance.

The NDPT tournament did occur on Friday, November 17th, at my house. The Big Winner on the night was Erik P. Congrats!!! He and JJ moved passed me in the points race, after my LESS than stellar performance, despite a rebuy...I just couldn't get it to all come together. I believe it is time to adopt my new style of play. I have become much to predictable. And my predictability has become a liability. It's too late for this year's points race...but I believe it will have an impact on next year's results. I also think it would benefit me greatly in the year end game, on Dec 30th. Sorry to tell you this folks, but this game, due to the higher buy-in, makes people play differently. Some of you actually acknowledge value along with the chip stack in front of you. You wouldn't think that such a small change from $20 to $50 would have such an impact, but it did last year...and it will again for this year as well. I won last year's game...and it'd be nice to pull of number 2 this year, but it will depend on a number of things, including (gasp) LUCK!!!

I made the mistake after the tournament of trying to play online...and despite cold cards...I kept trying to play. I lost...not much...but it further made the evening a loser for me. One ray of sunshine as always, is my lovely wife, Big Red, who after busting out of the tourney, opted to go "spinning" and cashed out at the Eagle's for $200. Thereby, in theory making the evening somewhat profitable for "us." I think I'm okay saying us. It does go into the same account right dear???! :)

I'm behind in getting the website updated, and the pictures from the game as well (thank you Andy.) I may try to get this done tomorrow. Keep fingers crossed.

In a new revolting development, I'm no longer able to access many of the Poker News sites that I frequent, from work, while on break. Thanks to the new proxies...and content filters, they've begun to deny these as well. I ask you what is any different about me reading an article or strategy at work, during lunch, or break; than it is for someone else browsing ESPN...etc... It is just because of the negative connotation involved. Just or no...?

Well, I should polish off my chili now and get back to the business of business, lest I get Blogger banned as well!!!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: