Sunday, November 12, 2006

Not much of a post...but something

It's been a long weekend. I've strapped on the feedbag a bit too much over the past few days. I'm really going to have to jump back on the running/exercise bandwagon again. I don't know why I keep letting myself sink to low levels. It makes very little sense. But I keep doing it to myself...and allowing the self destruction. I think work has a bit to do with it. It is difficult to remain focused and positive about things, when all around you sense morale continuing to take its absolute Nose-Dive. I'd like to do more and actually had laid out some plans for myself to that end...and I really thought I would have some success at it. However, getting ping-ponged from task to task, and from each new "special-project" to the next. I've tried to pass along the concerns I have but I'm just not sure that anyone really has time or a willingness to listen. All the while the expectation is that we will continue to grow and flourish. One day they'll be wondering what the heck happened. If it hasn't killed me yet...I'll be standing in the corner chuckling about it all.

I played a LOT of poker this weekend. First, Big Red had the idea to go over to the Shuman's for the Friday night cash game. Somehow I was able to break even after around 5 hours. The tables had begun to change and had I stayed longer I would have either lost a lot or won a lot...there would have been no middle ground after midnight! Then, the following day, the Yanok's called to tell us that they were trying to throw a game together. Of course we went. We both went out on the same hand! I had earlier been crushed by Jerry. I had pocket Q's and pushed. He called...the flop came up with no paint, but all diamonds. I put Jerry all-in, which he gladly called since he had Big Slick, both diamonds. Ouch...very ouch. I didn't last much long after that. Big Red didn't do well there but she doubled up over at Shuman's the night before! She's a force to be reckoned with. Never underestimate her.

Something else I realized is that few people can truly "see" the cards when they're laid out befor them. They can't interpret the hands...and are more apt to miss it when the pot is actually a split. No, I'm not mad about it...not even upset, on the contrary it is empowering. I can do something quickly and accurately that so many others have so much difficulty with. Okay, so I'm bragging a bit!

Well that's enough for tonight. Until next time...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: