Monday, November 06, 2006

Survived the weekend

Well all the data center moves went well over the weekend. My back survived, and other bodily extremeties, while a bit sore, did pass the test. Ended up working 11.5 hours on Saturday, to get things moved, and recabled. Job well done team!

The wife talked me into going to the card game at the Yanok's on Friday after all. I initially said that I was NOT going to go, since I had to be up so early the next morning for work. But she won me over. I ended up playing in the first tournament of the night, and finishing on the bubble. DOH!!! Big Red on the other hand was able to hang on and finished in 2nd place! And since she won she had the cash to hang around for the second tournament that they play. I headed for the house, and she came in a few hours later. Sorry to say, she didn't win again. She said the crippling blow was her trip 4's getting squashed by trip 9's!!! Ouch, baby, very ouch!

I also completed the 750 hands on GamingClub, for the promised $75 bucks in my account. Thank you very much GamingClub. I only wish it had come when I was at the top of the curve, instead of lingering in the middle. I had started that offering at $264. I dropped as low as $244, after I had risen to about $303! But a few suckouts later, and a little smidgeon of tilt, well, you all know the drill. But, now I'm at $344, so I guess I shouldn't complain at all! I think it's time to take a break from that room, and wait for them to offer me another $75, although I am in the middle of another promo with them, that I'm thinking would get me invited to a $15,000 tourney, if I accumulate 3,000 points by Dec 12th. I'm at 900 already, so I should probably push onward and upward. I really want to get back to Poker.com...where I had grown very comfortable at the .10/.25 No Limit game. Perhaps too content. I need maybe to be thinking on a greater scale. After having played thousands and thousands of hands at the $1/$2 Limit level, I'm afraid that I might fall into some bad habits, while I fail to change gears in line with the table dynamics. So, go in with your wits about you boy!!!

I'd also like to return to FullTiltPoker to give another shot at getting my friggin' MONEY back. The 9 handed game, and a new poker clientelle, takes some adjustment as well. I played at that site, and frankly never really connected with much of anything on the board. When your big aces fail to hit...when your pocket pairs don't become set, and flushes never materialize, you're going to see a drain in your ole account. I think I spent too much time there chasing the points. Again, got to folllow my own advise, and stick to the true gameplan. Sometimes it just stinks to watch the idiot fish, playing and winning with anything. It frustrates after a time...this road leads to TILT!

Also, of course I've got my money out on UB again. I've got over $630 Bonus Dollars left there to work off. Thankfully they release after each session, not in big lump sums, like some of the other rooms. I think I'm ready to start rebuilding the $400 I cashed out, off of my bankroll, for Vegas. It will take effort, and time, and I've got plenty of NEITHER of those! :(

But, it is time to wrap up for the day, I'm off work tomorrow, dumping some of my remaining use or lose before the end of the year. And any day not at work...is a day not at work!!!

Gotta run...

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: