Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I had yesterday off...

Because it was Election Day, and the kids were off from school and I had use or lose to dump before the end of the year. I opted for taking the day off. Basic boring day, caught up on laundry, watched Saw 3 with my daughter. Later Open Season with my son. I caught up on some email at home, and played some (gasp) poker. I played enough hands yesterday to qualify for the Daily Satellite, the $1,000 and $2,000 on Poker.com. I'm over halfway to the $5,000 tourney as well! It cost me a bit though. I went through that phase at the table, where I get no cards at all...i wait...patiently, and then the clouds part and give me pocket Kings, and someone bets out preflop. I reraise, 2X their bet...End up losing to pocket Aces. I actually saw this same hand play out again, less than 20 minutes later. It's disheartening, but a fact of life in poker. You will from time see this big card phenomenon. And sometimes, you can almost feel it coming. So that cost me $25.00. Doh!!! Later in the day, I sat down at $1/$2 Limit on UltimateBet.com. I sat down at the table with $75, expecting to get fleeced for some reason. Pleasantly, I cashed out with close to $110, if I remember correctly. So I made up for the loss! Whew! Just on a different poker site. But it's all money...right?

I don't know how to say this, but...I would feel a great deal more at ease online, if I were to gain back the $400 I withdrew, even though I'm still at $1,300. I guess I just feel like I'm playing catch up poker. That shouldn't be the case. But, hopefully, eventually I'll get there again, through solid play.

Among other news, the Democrats took control of the House again. Most important to note, Bill Frist went down!!! Wahoo! Take that Mr. Anti Online Gambling guy. Sen Byrd is still large and in charge, Hillary Clinton sailed to victory, and is poised to make her run for the Big House, next time. I am just frightened.

But most importantly of ALL...Britney Spears kicked K-Fed to the curb!!!

Welcome back to the world, and away from the temporary insanity that was K-Fed.
Oops, she did it again!!! Hahaha...

It's nearly time to call it a day, but real quick. I'm on tap for the Poker.com $250 freeroll tonight for PokerSavvy. Also, I think I'll try out the satellite, $1,000, and $2,000 if possible tonight as well. If Big Red will only allow it!

We shall see it.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: