Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bad Beat Me, and make me write bad checks...



Sometimes, you just can't hit water even when you fall out of the friggin' boat. That is a story of my current run. In Saturday Rubi busted my Cowboys with his SIXES when he flopped a set and went on to make a BOAT. Ouch, as if the set wasn't defeating enough Mr. Cheer_Dad have this for good effing measure. OY!!! It has definitely left an interesting mark on my poker psyche. And no, not just one bad beat, but a series of lackluster performance, nominal wins, coupled with incredible losses. Yesterday I sat in on two $2/$4 Limit tables on UB, and just proceeded to give it away on one table. I started with $200 on each table. Got away from one when my Pocket Jacks got busted and left me with a total of $86 on the table. I won only 4 hands out of 120 dealt, seeing 30% of the flops. And one of those wins, was all folded to me preflop...and the other I got to keep the Big and Small blinds only. You cannot make money at poker like this folks, I just know it. Now as for the other table, I cashed out up on it. I made $58 on it. But in the same strech of about 120 hands, I hit QUADS twice, and a Straight Flush once. I know this is NOT the norm. I was flying high, but really look at the profit/loss statement. It was still a monstrous losing session! Think back to me blowing it all on Full Tilt Poker a while back. Donating $50 of the recovered money from GamingClub (now PokerTime), donating on Poker.com, and CDPoker.com. Heck, maybe I should just face facts and admit, that I really just SUCK at this friggin' GAME! Whew! I'd apologize for venting but I'd be lying if I said anything else. So, it is what it is. A big ole heaping helpin' of Self-Pity coming at you from yours truly! This variance thing really sucks...and it'll take you down to the depths of dispare in its whirlpool like pull. I'll just have to wait and see where it spits me out in the end. Round and round up and down...INDEED!

Calling it a day!

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: