Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Baseball season


Tonight was the skills demo, for Youth Baseball. As Coach for One Community FCU, it was my duty to show up and evaluate the new crowd of players. A lot of good hitters their, and on the whole they seemed to be a good bunch of kids. In talking to the other coaches, it sounds like there aren't as many kids playing this year. It may be a little lean down on the ole field this year. So, that means the ones that do show up, better bring the "A" game, cause everyone's going to be playing and having to give their all to the game. I think we'll all do just fine.
Work has been unrelenting. More hours, more difficulties, and now even fewer people. We already had one team member off to have her baby...and now another team member is going to be gone, while his wife has her baby. So the techies who remain are going to be swamped, overworked, and generally tempers and nerves will be exposed. It may not be pretty, so hang on gang it's gonna be a bumpy ride!
We played cards on Saturday night at the house, with a small crew, of the regulars. I opted for a play style of playing darn near anything, and had a lot of fun...and recognized that a lot of opportunities are being missed by playing premiums only. You know the more I think about it, and watch poker on tv...the pros themselves do NOT play the way they preach. Not at all. The big starting hands, are good for starting, but more often than not the BIG MONSTER pots are coming from less than stellar cards, and very good reads on opponents. The Big Cards, are taking in small limped pots, and little more. Now on occasion, when you've got Aces and you're being bullied, preflop, then well, you know what to do. :) Make 'em pay to play...
This weekend is NDPT Tournament #3 for 2007. I'm in 3rd place...and I'm planning to move on up this weekend, so be ready everyone. I'm declaring war on the lot of you!
I have little else to say this evening, I'm just kinda blah...and stress has churned up the stomach tonight, so I think I'm going to go take a break on the couch. Maybe an uber style post tomorrow.
Regards,
cheer_dad

No comments: