Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tighten this muther up...


So I'm in a bad way lately. Can't make it happen at the tables. Made a tilt move that cost me a substantial % of my UB account balance. Okay, so the world economy will not feel the blip, but believe you me...I felt the loss. I relived some of the long forgotten sick gut-wrenching feelings of loss over it. Yes, it was only $300, and I have much of the loss to blame to ONLINE BLACKJACK which is still evil. But this is the direction of Tilt...and that way lies madness. Last night I played for a while and did absolutely NOTHING wrong, and for my trouble I lost nearly $50 on two tables after a couple of hours of play. I couldn't even chalk the loss up to my own stupidity...but even better (i think) I couldn't attribute it to the stupidity of others. All in all, I played a solid game and lost...and the table wasn't suckin' out on me, the night, the table, the pokerverse just was not orbiting in my direction. So how to live through these crappy revolutions around the Poker Sun? I did some reading, surfing aimlessly really and stumbled across some "lessons" on GameMaster Online. They had posted a listing of NLHE starting hands, that YES I've seen a thousand times just like the rest of you. But I printed it out and brought it home tonight. No, I'm not magically winning now. I'm actually realizing how few hands I should really be playing if the "gamemaster" is to be believed! I mean DANG!!! I'm dropping some hands that I might have given a drive around the block. And early on I had this douchebag named "phiduke" that got me to lay down my pocket 10's. He knocked me down to $85 in the process, when I saw a King come up on the flop. I decided to show my lay down, to which he showed me his flippin' 9-4os! I should have tilted, but didn't. I said some rather unflattering things about his mother in my notes about him. Then, for the rest of the game he tries to goad me...own me like I'm some kinda fuckin' tourist. (whoa stop channeling Mike McDee) He raises my BB every time it comes around. And I do mean EVERY TIME. I watch him suck out on some other guys at the table with his SOOTED SHIT over and over...and then...I...busted his dumb ass, when he decides to push against me and the Big Stack at the table, and I go way the hell over him. Which he calls for all in on me, he gets to show me his pocket Nines...and I get to flash my pocket Rockets, which turned into Aces and Queens by river time. And he sloughed away, never to be heard from again. I'm up over $55 thanks to the aforementioned douchebag, that I simply had the good sense THIS TIME to wait out, and lay waste to when given the opportunity. Also, it should be noted that these were pushy, arrogant bets and reraises that I was making when I was in. The kind that put me off with others, but I'm realizing that maybe there is some sense to this when coupled with SOLID PLAY. I'd just always seen it demonstrated with dipshits who didn't know the value of a hand. Charter members of the any two will do club. I still hate those guys. I know there's more than a fair share of swearing in here, but there's a lot of angst to blow off, so induldge me. Ahhh, I feel better. Thanks for listening...and I owe the swear jar...okay? But man these donkeys have been getting an unfair piece of me lately, and it felt good to strike back even a little.
Well now I should quit while ahead, and get my son in the shower, and ready for bed. Besides I'm up to over $157 now, despite that I only won 8 out of 101 hands, and saw the flop only 14 times, a whopping 13%. Small numbers but good return!
Gotta run!
Regards,
cheer_dad
P.S. Okay I gave $10 of it back on pocket jacks, BUT I did lay 'em down to a pair of Queens on the board. So it wasn't ALL BAD!

No comments: