Thursday, January 31, 2008

Additional recap, my planning, and LOST

After 1/2 stacking myself because of the AQ and KQ hands; I end up in the big blind with K10os. No raise to speak of, flop comes Kd-9d-4c. I bet 2/3 pot, get raised all-in, and even the other player insta calls. Turn is another diamond...once again that squishy feeling. BUT, here's the proverbial kick in the crotch. I was behind from the get go...not even a Big Blind special for your ole pal cheer_dad. I flop top pair, with mediocre kicker, while the guy who popped it hit his set of 9's, and the other guy, who held the mighty Ace of diamonds and some other rag diamond. So, really I never stood a chance. Horrific session...and oh by the way did I mention that since it was so late when I was playing, and mass beer quantities had me JONESIN' for poker that I had to take one of the few games available to me on PokerRewards, which wasn't the lowly .10/.20 NLHE game but (gasp) the .25/.50 NLHE game. Now it all makes sense to you doesn't it. Lady Luck apparantly read my plans and disparaging remarks about her in yesterday's first post, and replied with "...oh no he di'in't...here's a lil variance love byatch! How you like me now!"

Oh yeah maybe here I should offer up that in my poker imagination that Lady Luck is actually two women. "Good Lady Luck" is Maria Bello from The Cooler (http://imdb.com/title/tt0318374/) dice tattoo and all. While "Bad Lady Luck" is this nameless black/latino little vixen with dominatrix tendencies. (The cat-o-nine-tails hurts so good though!)

Wow, now when I get off on a tangent...

ANYWAY, the whole Vegas trip in July is not necessarily a dead issue, just because of one crappy run at online poker. And I'm not blaming luck in reality, when I know I played it horribly there at last. The AQ and KQ hands hurt but didn't kill me, in fact I had the sense to table one of them when it became apparant that my opponent hit his flush. He called $3 preflop raise by me with J8 sooted, and got where he needed to be. I knew it, er felt it, and got out, while the other two idiot callers did not, which is why I got to see it ALL play out. Okay, back on track again... Big Red even mentioned going to Vegas to see the WSOP again! She really enjoyed that trip last time! And she had logged on yesterday and checked on flight costs! And she started telling everyone all about it at dinner last night. Interest was sparked!!! She says she'll have the money, from an extra Christmas Club account she set up! : ) Me...of course I'm on my own! Well there's always the plasma thing or I could just be a drug mule! Is it tough swallowing that balloon full of cash crop? Digressing again huh...

Well that's enough my minions, I've babbled on enough, and to be honest, I stayed up way too late, in my stupor and got precious little sleep. I really gotta work on that sleeping with my eyes open trick for the occaissional at work nap time. : ) Kidding boss, kidding!

OH and the big news of the day...or night...LOST is on TONIGHT!!! 8 new episodes of cliffhanger goodness tide the masses over! For all the lowdown and discussion that's fit to print and/or blog head over to: http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/
Big Red and I are both stoked about watching LOST tonight. The kids have strict orders to pipe down, and ALL phones will be ignored for the duration of tonight's show. And we have caller ID if anyone gets any bright ideas!

Well this post is now... a wrap! I've covered enough ground here for a few days worth of posting.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: