Wednesday, January 16, 2008

DUDE...it's gettin' close!!!

I don't know if I've mentioned it lately (oh ya know darn well ya have) but it's almost time for VEGAS baby!!! Let me fire up the ole iGoogle countdown gadget and...

Hehe that'll put a smile on your face. Well at least on mine anyway. : ) I'm excited! So, is Big Red, she just doesn't know it yet. She's lucky to have me to prod her along.


I'm putting the finishing touches on our itinerary for the trip, which honestly has little bearing on what will actually happen, but it's always good for a few laughs, and maybe it'll give us a few ideas too. I do try to make it useful and include the times for a large number of daily tournaments that are taking place. I'll try to get it uploaded to the blog tomorrow, I promise. Stay tuned.


Still no absolute definitive answer on whether JR will be coming along for the trip though. "Uncle June" it won't be the same without you, but if you opt out of the trip, I do understand. And let me clear it up for all of you, it's got nothing to do with the lady in his life! Nikki's great and we all really like her. So put that idea out of your mind. Still buddy I gotta say it... hangin' drywall, playin' cards for 5 days straight. One more time, hangin' drywall...playin' cards. Yeah, hmmmm, that's a toughie! Seriously though, I get it and I admire the work ethic and the thinking ahead. Still, it's Vegas... and our BIRTHDAYS!!! : ) Okay, beating a dead horse.

"I kidding, I kidding why you not know joke!?!"


I've been grinding it out in a much different and less enjoyable way lately. I find myself not at the poker table but in CLASS. Argh! Earned Value Management, Project Management. It gives you that feeling in the pit of your stomach like watching your opponent hit his One-Outer on the friggin' river. Yeah, it's exactly like that. I hear long dormant brain cells screaming out in anguish, "DUDE, wtf, you're almost 40 what the hell are you trying to learn? For all you know these could be your twilight years." Hmmm, trying to be funny, and present myself with a cold hard reality. : ( Ouch, but it's okay, the dementia will soon take care of it for me.) Now where was I...


I've got to head out now to pick up my daughter from basketball, and taxi her to her next appointment. Big Red can she start drivin' YET!!!


Regards,


cheer_dad


P.S. pssssst JR ya hear that? it's VEGAS callin'!!!

No comments: