Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ouch

After one helluva day in downtown Vegas we made it back to the Imperial Palace. At first I play a cheapie Let It Ride table. I quickly drop $80... I hit nothin'. Absolutely nothin'. Decide to hit the Poker Room. I sit at the $2/$4 Limit table for a while waiting for the list to go down. Finally the NLHE table opens. I sit...and once again look like the fuckin' tight bastard that I am. Play it straight...no bullshit...no nuthin'...the only hand I see is with a 67s when I flop the open ended straight flush draw. I missed...and show to the guy who continues to bet. I continue patience play... From the BB I look down at Q6 of hearts. No preflop raise. Flop comes 669...Lookin' good cheer_dad. I check, knowing the guy on the other end has been betting all night with nothing. I call. The turn is a Q... For those of you not payin' attention, yeah...I've got the BOAT. I check.. He bets out for $10. I make it $30 to go he calls. Regardless of the river we all know I'm going all in. Like a good little poker player. The river brings an ace, I shove. Insta call from the "guy" that was there from the start. He shows his...pocket ACES! I slink away from the room, feeling rather squishy in some very awkward areas. Ouch! Okay, friggin' ouch...no...FUCKIN' ouch! $120 down on that hand. Ouch! I find the cooler.

Oh well...that's poker. Ah bullshit...still sucks.

ANyway, very good day downtown today. We all made money on free sign up money today. Many drinks, many comps, and lotsa fun... Thank you Vince for driving us around. You rule. All of us are more than willing to stay downtown on the next trip after what we've seen there. Very nice and much cheaper. Go figure.

It's late, I'm tired...I'm drunk...time to call it a night.

Regards,

cheer_dad

No comments: